How To Get the Most Out Of Your CoolSculpting® Session
It’s been three years, and you still can’t get rid of that extra weight around the midsection. Eating healthy foods and exercising keep the weight off. But sometimes, certain areas become challenging due to pregnancy or other body changes. These issues are difficult to approach, particularly as we age. The answer to the problem may be CoolSculpting®. Finding the best CoolSculpting price in NY is tricky, but read on to understand what to look for.
What Is CoolSculpting®?
CoolSculpting® (or Cryolipolysis) is a non-surgical, non-invasive procedure done in a spa or doctor’s office. This treatment aims to target fat cells in a concentrated area. Fat cells are frozen using a controlled cooling method and then become crystallized. The body’s liver dissects them over an 8-12 week period and then sends them out of the body.
Be assured CoolSculpting® is nothing like liposuction, a more invasive method with risks. Each treatment involves using a suction hose that removes about 20% of the fat cells. Following the post-procedure directions increases the effectiveness of treatment by as much as 60%.
Additionally, CoolSculpting® is FDA approved for use in some regions of the body, and continued research and development are being conducted to assure safety and effectiveness. In a recent review by realself.com, the procedure gained an 81% ‘worth its rating!
Will I Gain Back the Weight After CoolSculpting®?
CoolSculpting® may not be for people with a body mass index of 30.0 or higher. It is helpful for individuals with concentrated areas of fat, usually in the abdomen, love handles, chin, arms, thighs, bra area, back, buttocks rolls, or thighs. While it is the practical and permanent removal of fat cells, recipients of CoolSculpting® must maintain a healthy lifestyle to keep the weight from returning. This includes eating right and exercising.
How Many Sessions Do You Need?
Although one treatment may result in the desired effect, it is safe to have additional therapy after 4-6 weeks. Enhanced results are often experienced with a second treatment. It is generally recommended that this not occur for about six months since some spots take a long time to show complete results. During the waiting period, continue to exercise, eat a healthy diet, and massage to achieve maximum results!
What To Expect Before, During, and After a CoolSculpting® Treatment
CoolSculpting® creates minimal discomfort, and recovery is usually quick. Most recipients can resume normal activities the next day. Getting back to exercising is especially important, so keep at it!
Before CoolSculpting® Procedure
Before the procedure, a visit to the doctor determines if you are a good candidate. The doctor reviews medical history, lifestyle habits, and body type to decide if CoolSculpting® is good for you. As CoolSculpting® is a prescription-only treatment, your doctor will prescribe the procedure. The area you want to treat must have a visible amount of flab that can be grabbed to be effective.
What Happens During the CoolSculpting® Treatment?
CoolSculpting® takes 45-60 minutes. Many patients enjoy sleeping, reading, or watching tv during this time as the treatment is done while awake. No pre-surgery bloodwork is required. Some patients report a pulling or tugging sensation during the procedure, but this lessens. There is no need for anesthesia or pain medication. This means you can go to work or school immediately afterward.
How Will I Feel After CoolSculpting®?
After CoolSculpting®, some patients experience slight bruising, soreness, numbness, redness, swelling, or tingling at the treatment site. This generally disappears quickly. Any skin discoloration can be treated with a cream prescribed by your doctor. After about five days, some individuals mention nerve twitching in the treatment spot. This is the body’s reaction to nerve regeneration and should correct itself quickly. Itching of the skin is also sometimes present, and an antihistamine is effective in this case.
If you experience any discomfort, methods of relief include:
• Massage therapy
• Deep breathing
• Gentle movements
• Warm compresses
• Wear compression garments like Spanx to help with swelling or feeling uncomfortable
Drink lots of water, as staying hydrated assists with healing
Take over-the-counter Tylenol
Note: If side effects last longer than 2 weeks or seem unusually painful or extreme, contact your physician for advice.
Otherwise, returning to routine activities like work, school, play, exercise, and family time is advised to speed up the healing within your body. Science tells us that mental health is vital in physical recovery, and normality helps with both.
Is CoolSculpting® a Safe Alternative to Liposuction?
Liposuction is a surgery that is generally done by a plastic surgeon. There is a recovery time as anesthesia and pain medications are required. Most patients need several weeks before starting back to an exercise routine.
CoolSculpting® is a much safer way to remove fat than Liposuction. No anesthesia is used, and pain medications other than over-the-counter Tylenol are rarely needed. Returning to a regular routine is immediate, as exercise helps with the continued process of CoolSculpting®.
Neither CoolSculpting® nor liposuction is recommended for those who are pregnant, nursing, with a pacemaker, have neuropathy, or have poor circulation. A candidate with open wounds, sores, rashes, eczema, or dermatitis in the treatment area must experience healing before any procedure.
Most physicians require a body mass index of less than 25 to prescribe CoolSculpting®. Success is seen more often in these cases than in obese patients. This is because it is not a weight-loss plan but a jumpstart for targeted areas of stubborn fat.
Will CoolSculpting® Remove Cellulite?
CoolSculpting® isn’t marketed as a cellulite removal tool, but some recipients have stated it improves bulging and dimpling at the treatment site. Improved laxity may be noticed.
6 Tips to Get the Most Out of Your CoolSculpting® Sessions
• One of the significant benefits of CoolSculpting® is the pathway that it leads to. Sometimes we need a jumpstart to healthy living, and there is nothing more motivating than seeing immediate results. Dieting and exercising alone are great on their own but can become discouraging if there are still pockets of fat. Once the procedure is done, you must do the following to keep the process going:
• Exercise – Consistent, whole-body movement speeds up the CoolSculpting® method. Cardio, toning, and strength training help the body’s natural healing process, eliminate fat, and burn calories. Without this step, your body will gain the weight back quickly, so make working out a priority.
• Massages – Immediately after the procedure, a massage aids in reducing fluid in the tissues around the area where the process was done. It is also an excellent way to relax and get relief from any discomfort that sometimes occurs. Finally, a post-procedure massage plus continued massage at home decomposes the fat cells for further healing and effectiveness. Massage will feature a circular, kneading motion to encourage fluid movement and fat elimination.
• Maintain a Healthy, Balanced Diet – This is always a good idea but even more critical after a CoolSculpting® treatment. Eating fruits, vegetables, healthy grains, and proteins enhance your treatments and are also part of a fit lifestyle. Keeping the heart and other organs robust equates to a longer, quality life! Avoid sugary, processed, fried, or fatty foods to ward off any extra pounds and get the full benefit of your CoolSculpting® procedure!
• Avoid Anti-inflammatory Drugs – Anti-inflammatory drugs hinder the reduction of fat cells as they disrupt the body’s natural response. Instead of taking Aleve or Advil, take Tylenol as an alternative.
• Hot showers or saunas are not recommended after your CoolSculpting® treatment. This protects the skin at the sight of treatment and avoids reversing any results from the procedure.
• Choose an Experienced CoolSculpting® Professional – Although CoolSculpting® is a simple, safe, non-invasive method, it is best to choose a clinic with experience. Bared Monkey offers the best CoolSculpting price in NY and features expert professionals for our CoolSculpting® procedures and all of our services.
• Realistic Expectations – CoolSculpting® is not a quick fix but a step in the right direction. Following these tips is vital to keep your body moving toward a healthy look and feel. It also takes some time for the results to be apparent.
In clinical studies, CoolSculpting® is shown to significantly reduce the fat layer after treatment. The procedure is effective in both males and females.
Bared Monkey is a laser hair removal spa in New York. We offer various services, including CoolSculpting®, hair removal, skin rejuvenation, and tattoo removal. Our trained and experienced team is ready to serve you! All of our equipment is FDA approved and provides quality, comfortable services. BMNY offers the best CoolSculpting price in NY while using top-of-the-line equipment with the latest design. Call us today to get started: (212) 256-9777 or text our Penn Station location at (551) 230-6569 or our Grand Central location at (551) 230-6588.