PIGMENTATION AND REDNESS
- Out of StockSale!
- Black Friday
Cyber Monday Deals
- Read more
- Contact Us
LUMENIS RESURFX™ LASER
The Lumenis ResurFX is the latest in non-ablative, fractional laser technology to improve skin discoloration, stretch marks, acne scars, wrinkles and more. Non-ablative means it does not destroy or ablate the skin cells, while fractional means it is only affecting a fraction or percentage of the skin. The benefit of the ResurFX is that it is able to get great results with minimal recovery time unlike the CO2 laser, which has several days or more of peeling, crusting and possible swelling after the procedure. The optimum benefits of ResurFX are obtained with several treatments depending on the condition and desired results.
RESURFX™ LASER TREATMENT:
WHAT CONDITIONS DOES THE RESURFX TREAT?
– Age spots or sun spots
– Fine lines and wrinkles
– Stretch marks or striae
– Hyperpigmentation or discoloration
– Uneven skin tone
– Scars from acne or surgery
– Lax or loose skin
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The ResurFX laser by Lumenis®, one of the world’s leading makers of medical devices, is a skin resurfacing option that prioritizes patient comfort just as much as effectiveness. It is a non-ablative laser, which means it stimulates the skin to develop collagen without harming or ablating any skin. As collagen increases, the skin looks tighter, more even, and more youthful. ResurFX is also a fractional laser, which means the laser is delivered to the skin in tiny dots and to only a fraction of the skin. The ResurFX requires only one pass over the skin to produce effective results, reducing treatment time. Finally, since it is a non-ablative, fractional laser, the recovery time after the procedure is minimized.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING THE RESURFX PROCEDURE?
During a ResurFX laser skin rejuvenation treatment, we typically use a topical anesthetic. Due to the non-ablative nature of the ResurFX laser, most patients find treatments relatively comfortable. Additionally, we use a cooling air device that blows refreshing, cold air on the treated areas for comfort. Treatments can take 25 minutes or more, depending on the size of the targeted area.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER THE RESURFX PROCEDURE?
After ResurFX laser skin resurfacing, patients generally experience some redness and swelling. Recovery time is short and relatively comfortable. Patients can return to their normal activities the day after the procedure. Redness, swelling, and minor irritation similar to a mild sunburn may develop, but these effects typically subside in just a few days. Sun exposure before and after treatment should be avoided and a sunscreen with SPF of 45 or higher should be worn daily in the days after the procedure. Once completely healed, ensure you wear at least a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher every day to help protect your skin long-term.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS ARE NEEDED?
ResurFX is completed as a series of treatments. Because it is a limited downtime procedure, it usually requires multiple treatments for significant and meaningful results. Typically, at least 3-4 treatments about one month apart are necessary to obtain optimum results, although this varies by the individual and their goal.
– You must avoid sun exposure 1 month prior to treatment (nor 1 month post treatment.)
– Haven’t used antibiotic or any photosensitive medications 1 month prior to treatment.
– Discontinue any exfoliant products (i.e. retinoid/AHA/BHA/Benzoyl Peroxide etc.) 7 days prior to treatment (also 7 days post treatment.)
– Have your Valtrex prescription filled and take starting 1 day before the treatment.
– Arrive to your appointment 45 minutes prior for numbing of the area.
– Shave the area if there is hair. If you have a beard, trim to what would be equivalent to a “2 day shadow.”
– Arrive clean faced without make-up, moisturizers or lotions.
– Wear comfortable clothing and relax!
After treatment, you will experience redness, swelling or, after a few days, a bronzed appearance. Most swelling will be noticeable on the first morning after treatment. Swelling usually lasts two to three days.
– Avoid strenuous exercising, hot baths, showers, or hot tubs for 24-48 hours.
– Wash with gentle cleanser after 12 hours; As your skin heal from the treatment, it will start to dry and peel a little, apply gentle moisturizer or use hydration masks for faster recovery.
– Discontinue use of skin products with retinol, hydroquinone, salicylic/glycolic/lactic acid, vitamin C, or Benzoyl Peroxide. Do not use anything abrasive like a washcloth, or Clarisonic brush during the healing process as premature removal of dead skin may compromise overall results.
– Mild flaking is expected and normal. Avoid scrubbing/ picking dry skin as it may result in irritation and compromise the overall result. Allow them to heal and naturally flake off.
– Prolonged sun exposure should be avoided 2 weeks before and after treatment as it may cause certain complications (possibility of blistering or skin discolorations etc.) We recommend clients apply a Mineral sunblock with SPF 50 daily to protect the skin.