PIGMENTATION AND REDNESS
- Contact Us
UNDO THE UNWANTED, FOREVER
Tattoos are commonplace now, with almost 45 million Americans with tattoos. That would be 1 in 5 Americans that have tattoos. But many regret having a tattoo later in life. Never before have so many good choices for tattoo removal been available. Traditional lasers have had some success with tattoo removal but patients often require 20 to 30 treatments, which could be uncomfortable.
The most revolutionary technology was recently introduced called the PiQo4™ and Picoway™ laser which has made removing tattoos much easier than ever. Our newest Picosecond Laser can erase multiple colors at varying depths in the same session. It means easier, safer pigment removal sessions and fewer total sessions needed by each patient.
Does every tattoo removal center in NY offer this treatment? Not necessarily! However, the picosecond laser releases optical pulses of short duration, (One picosecond is equivalent to one trillionth of a second!) which leads to a photo-acoustic effect in the targeted area., this allows rapid clearing of unwanted pigmentation with minimal collateral damage to surrounding tissue.
Laser tattoo removal in NY was a skeptical concept, you must always rely on an experienced tattoo removal center in NY. If you have any inquiry about your laser tattoo removal service in NY, reach out to Bared Monkey for a quick consultation!
IMPORTANT BENEFITS OF OUR LASER TATTOO REMOVAL
Our Picosecond Laser technology effectively removes all common colors tattoo, either amateur or professional with 40% fewer sessions.
Up to 15mm spot for deep pigment shattering, significantly reducing the chance of side effects and patient discomfort. Provide a faster, safer, and more comfortable treatment.
The new technology effectively shattering of 9 of the most popular ink colors with multiple wavelengths (1064nm, 532nm, 730nm, 585nm, 650nm).
The combination of Nano and Pico laser pulses targets both large and small tattoo particles simultaneously, breaking ink pigment into tiny particles that are naturally removed by your body. Yield a better ink clearance, with fewer sessions, and less ghosting than with other systems.
SO ERASE WHAT YOU NEED TO!
WHAT TO EXPECT?
WHAT HAPPEN RIGHT AFTER TREATMENT?
Immediately after treatment, you will see a whitish “frosting” over the tattoo. The skin will often swell in the area of the tattoo, accompanied by mild redness.
The frosting, swelling and redness will resolve in a matter of hours.
The tattoo may crust or blister as the body repairs itself. This will resolve naturally. The tattoo will fade gradually in the following weeks as your body clears the ink.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS DO I NEED?
Location matters: The closer the tattoo is to the heart the better circulation, therefore better results.
More colorful tattoos and greater surface area usually require more treatments.
Amateur tattoos are typically not as deep as professional ones, and are easier to remove.
Traditional laser tattoo removal devices may require up to 10 to 20 treatments. PiQo4 treatments can often clear tattoos in about 6 to 12 treatments spaced at least 6-8 weeks apart.
Additionally, while other tattoo removal lasers are limited to only lighter complexions, our Picosecond laser can be used on all skin types.
DOES IT HURT?
Anyone who tells you that tattoo removal is “pain free” is lying to you. Yes, tattoo removal can be painful, but you can definitely get through it. First of all, we use the largest spot size in the market, makes it 10 times faster than the traditional Q-Switch laser. Most tattoos can be lasered in less than 30 second to 5 minutes. Still, we want to make those 30 second to 5 minutes as easy and comfortable for you as possible. We provide numbing cream and combine with the Zimmer cool air system to make the experience as pleasant as possible.
PRE & POST TREATMENT:
- No sun exposure, tanning beds and sunless tanning cream for 2 weeks before treatment.
- Sun exposure decreases the effectiveness of the laser treatment and can increase the chance of post treatment complications.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing over the area to be treated
- Avoid taking aspirin and ibuprofen: They may cause you to bruise after your treatment
- Topical creams that can cause or increase photosensitivity (i.e. Benzoyl Peroxide, Hydroxy Acid, Retinol, Salicylic Acid) should be avoided 7 days prior to treatment.
- Make sure the area to be treated is clean and free of lotions, perfumes, and cosmetics
- Clean the treated area twice a day with water and mild soap, and then pat the area dry.
- Discomfort may be relieved by using cool gel packs or acetaminophen.
- If crusting/scabbing occurs, do not rub or pick on the area. Apply Hydrocortisone 1% to the treated area twice a day after treatment until redness resolved (5-7 days).
- Keep the area moist (apply Aquaphor ointment twice a day) and let the crusting/scabbing resolve on its own.
- If blistering occurs, apply Anti-biotic ointment twice a day for 7 days, and cover the skin with bandage/gauze.
Physical exercise (aerobics, sport activities) should be discontinued for 1 to 2 days. Rough physical activities (playing football) should be discontinued for 10 days post treatment.
- Avoid swimming, soaking or using hot tubs/whirlpools until the skin heals.
- Avoid sun exposure to the treated area 2 weeks before treatment and 1-month post treatment. If sun exposure is unavoidable, apply sunblock 30-50 (physical blocker with zinc and titanium oxide) every 2 hours and it is recommended to make this a part of your skin care routine.
- Contact physician if there is any indication of infection (tenderness, pain etc.)